• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error received on downloading new ebook - Error getting licence E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have received this message a number of times now:

I borrowed an e-book from my local library and was unable to open it in ADE

I have recently purchased an e-book; I can download it to Overdrive on my Android devices but wanted to transfer it to my reader - unable to open the book in ADE

The complete error message reads:

Unable to download

Error getting license. License Server Communication Problem:

E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

I would appreciate any advice or guidance on what this message means.

Thanks

Deb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

same problem

"E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER"

with ebook-reader "tolino vision 2" and notebook still "Windows XP".

Aobe-ID under same email authorised on both,

but can't transfer ebooks (epubs) from tolino to notebook and otherwise.

Ebooks I already purchased,  I can only download from cloud either to notebook or to tolino. Means, when I purchased with tolino can only read on tolino, did I pay from notebook, I can only read on notebook.

Yesterday I chatted with ADOBE. I supposed I got several IDs. I also have 5 computers inclusive tolino in all my life, not 6 computers.

They told me no, you can only have one ID. Problem must be with the publisher.

I just can't belief that. I'm so bored.

Someone here has any idea, what to do?

Thanks

Angelika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation with me. I have tried in more than one life chat to get help, but nothing, no help at all. I understand that too many IDs plus more than one computor causes the problem. I have also tried to get Adobe to cancel my many email addresses, but that does not seem to work either. I have cancelled my order for the ebooks and consequently must look for an alternate source of ebooks.

My best,

enid goyers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

be aware I lost a title, which is still shown in the cloud of my wholesaler, where I bought it. But I can't download it anyhow.

Be also aware I am a simpleton, what belongs to computers.

I downloaded  "Adobe digital edition 3"  some month ago instead of version 2 -  "digital edition 4"   is not compatible with German "onleihe" , where you borrow from public libraries.

There is a button  "help"  on  "ade3" , where you find  "authorize your pc". -  I did that and controlled that, I am quite sure.

I better controle this, whenever purchasing books, had the notebook to the shop to clean it, or get a new version of ADOBE or change email-adress or password because of been hacked. Seems as you have to authorize each product and new version of ADOBE, photoshop, ade 2, ade 3 and so on.

Authorizing again "ade 3" with my usual passwort for ADOBE-login, I could download nearly all my books from the wholesaler. It made no differenz if sold over ebook-reader or over PC. Only one title was told "E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER", dont know why this and not the others.

Afterwards I connected my tolino ebook-reader with the notebook.

"tolino"  has been shown on the left side, when I started  "ade 3"  on notebook.

I chose one title on the right side of my notebook, clicked the mouse right. I found,  "copy to computer or others"  and wow!  "tolino".  I tried that and what a luck, "tolino"  showed it as well as the notebook.

Viceversa, you stay on your notebook-page of "ade 3". Click to your "ebook-reader"  on the left side. You see the booktitles of your ebookreader on the right side of "ade3" on your notebook

I chose one title on the right side, clicked the mouse right. I found, "copy to computer or others" and wow! it really copied the title from ebook-reader to the notebook. - Hm, only one was not to copy. Why that? I don't know.

For experience I did it first with free ebooks, which I downloaded from the wholesaler. Afterwards with books I paid for.

If you like to laugh about woman on pc you may also like Mark Twains "The Diary of Adam an Eve". I read it last night.

See you read you

Angelika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problems here. I've read several of these discussions and tried all recommendations with no success.  Uninstall, reinstall, no success.  Download older version, no success.  Contacted them and they told me to post my issue and they will respond as the person on the other end can't help.  I am going to contact my Library and ask they research other products because, obviously, Adobe doesn't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines