• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

errors were encountered in this item

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  Used your software less than a week, now getting 'errors were encountered in this item' (that's helpful).  Redownloaded book - still error message.

Unistalled and reinstalled Digital Editions - wouldn't even open your Getting Started guide......

Downloaded Calibre (which I knew should have done in first place) - it works!

Rubbish, Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. 😕 terrible. I've reinstalled it and installed it a  few times but ye.
Just rubbish that i can't even contact anyone nor does it allow me to see what kind of error it is.
Like "unknown permission error" say what?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have just encountered this problem tonight after using the system successfully for two weeks.  I did all the usually things such as restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling, trying another book, trying to return the book but no luck.  I also found it difficult to find a solution to this or any relevant information.  Adobe it sounds like you need to investigate and give us a solution.  It is very frustrating to say the least. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error. Installed and downloaded a ebook. All was fine last night. Today I get error message about item epub. I can't even open the welcome ebook. I also removed ebook and could not even add it back, uninstalled Digital reader program and reinstalled. Tried to unauthorise the computer and that does not even allowe me to do so.....

So no access to my ebook now....And I am not tech savy...so no idea what to do anymore. Adobe team, plz help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Calibre for now. It is free.  Make sure to get from their website, not third party. It is safe but scan with your antivirus after downloading before installing if you are worried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen

Thanx for the help, however this ebook is purchased as an abobe content...not sure how or why...keeps opening only in Adobe. I hope the team gets back to us all asap. But thank you for trying to help. Much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just loaded the so called update for ADE and I get an error on all my digital editions ... I am also unable to uninstall - what is going woring at Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like we are all experiencing this on the same day. Is this wide spread? I need to do my homework and my text book is only on digital editions lmao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adobe please halp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests or bug reports

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Editions isn't even in the bug report list 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could read most of my books this morning--this evening I get "Errors were encountered with this item" for ALL my books.

I NEED THE BOOKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I downloaded Adobe 3.0 (here, under "additional downloads": Adobe Digital Editions | Download ) and it works. For those of you who need access to their books right away, I'd suggest doing that until there's a fix for the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this hint. It works for some, but not all my books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me unfortunately. I can read the sample books now but not the ones I bought. Instead of the origional error message I get now this on version 3.0: "Error. Check Activation".

Tried to Unauthorize in order to to re-authorize but the funcion is not working. If this isn't being fixed until tmrw. I'll return my books. Just having them on my computer without being able to use them doesn't serve me any good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is in the latest release 4.5.7.181275 -- a temporary solution is 'If you roll your clock back to earlier this morning or a previous date, then Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.7.181275 works properly.'  (thanks to Wh0isTh3D0ct0r in the thread 'Authorization window is not opening'  --let's hope Adobe fixes it soon!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for that tip - worked perfectly. Changed date to two days ago and all books now open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKS DO IT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded version 4.5.6 from Adobe Digital Editions | Download  and that did the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yes, all my books are working fine now. What a relief!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got the same problem.  I'll be interested to see if the older version fixes this.  It would be nicer if someone from Adobe could say something about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines