Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export or Save Highlights and Annotations in Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a graduate student working on a number of essays. Through my school's library, I was fortunately able to borrow electronic editions of a number of books. However, after the loan period ends (3 days or 21 days), the books disappear and so will my highlights and comments.

Is there any way to export the highlights and annotations generally to another document so that I still have them? Otherwise, I lose a lot of my research. I even tried to copy and paste and am not allowed to do that. So, it seems that the only alternative is to type out every highlight or simply to lose them. There must be an easier solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amanda,

I am in the exact situation as you were in February. Were you able to find a solution to this problem? I would love to know about it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I was in your exact situation and found something that worked for me: 

- When the loan period ends, DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING. Just leave the book on your library, like a zombie. 

- Borrow the book again. Now you should have two versions of the same book in your ADE library: the old expired one and the fresh new one. 

- Open the new version, highlight just anything and close it again. 

- Go to C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive\Documentos\My Digital Editions\Annotations (or something similar on your PC). 

- Find the ".annot" documents with the title of your book. There should be two, in my case "Risikogesellschaft" for the old version and "Risikogesellschaft-1" for the new version. 

- Replace the title of the new version to just anything (I didn't dare to delete it, though it might be possible), and replace the title of the old version with the title of the new version (in my case, "Risikogesellschaft" becomes "Risikogesellschaft-1"). 

- Open the new version of the book on Adobe Digital Editions and check if the highlights and annotations are there. 

I really really hope this works! And I hope I didn't make any mistakes in the instructions 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. No highlights shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This trick worked for me! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines