• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract annotations from Adobe Digital Editions ebooks to Excel file (macro)

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

It's my pleasure to share a macro (written by myself) to export ebook annotations from Adobe Digital Editions to an Excel file. The macro reads the relevant information from the "annot" files and copy it to the file parsingANNOT.xlsm. It can be downloaded here (sorry, extensions xlsm can not be attached in this forum):

http://conjugar.byethost5.com/parsingANNOT.xlsm

Please find delailed instructions in the file itself, sheet "instructio" (or clicking on How to use the macro ParsingANNOT cell, in the sheet "Anotaciones").

Best,
Alberto

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for writing this Macro! I simply cannot believe that Adobe still has not made this action as simple as a click of a button, or just format the .annot file as a "meant for human eyes" text file. People were having the same discussion in 2013!

Unfortunately, this Macro did not work on my Mac. The error message was:

Microsoft Visual Basic

Compile Error:

Can't find project or library

I will try running it on a Windows computer tomorrow... I hope that will work better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Alberto.

This Macro file is marvellous! Exactly what users of Digital Editions need. It really works on Windows. Appreciate your effort in creating this life saving feature.

Kudos!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, @albertos46073663 !

On Windows 10, I received the following error: "runtime error 76 path not found."

I resolved the error as follows:

• Create a folder in the "Documents" directory named "My Digital Editions."
  • Create a folder in the newly-created "My Digital Editions" directory named "Annotations."

After that, the macro worked a treat.

Thank you, @albertos46073663 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines