Failed to write destination file

New Here ,
May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used ebooks from local library for a few years with no issues but today when I tried to move books from adobe to my Nook I got message 'Failed to write destination file' for every book I tried. I am on a new laptop so not sure if that's part of the issue or not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue - can someone reply to this? There is more than enough space on my ereader, which is a Kobo. I have used Adobe Digital Editions to add books to my Kobo and now it's suddenly giving me a "Failed to write destination" error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, did you end up solving this? I'm running into the same thing - I have a kobo clara HD and am using adobe digital editions 4.5.11 from a macbook. It doesn't matter whether it's a free ebook or a library loan - when copying from ADE to the ereader, I get a E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN Failed to write destination file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, when doing this from a Windows machine I had no issues. I'm now thinking this has to do with the company policy that is on my mac: it prevents me probably from moving files to any external device.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines