Highlighted

German Adobe Digital Editions - no deauthorization option?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a German ADE version installed on my desktop computer via a download from the German library I use.

Initially I was able to use ADE to download and read e-books from the library, but now I get an error message telling me that I need to reauthorize ADE via "help" -> "reauthorize". However, the option "reauthorize" is not activated.

Help pages tell me I first need to deauthorize - but there is no deauthorization option.

Does anyone have an idea? I had this problem earlier, but our librarians were not very helpful either.

By the way - I'm highly annoyed - my library pays for books that are not actually available to me. And I now need to invest time and ask for the kindness of strangers to spare their time for this issue ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

German Adobe Digital Editions - no deauthorization option?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a German ADE version installed on my desktop computer via a download from the German library I use.

Initially I was able to use ADE to download and read e-books from the library, but now I get an error message telling me that I need to reauthorize ADE via "help" -> "reauthorize". However, the option "reauthorize" is not activated.

Help pages tell me I first need to deauthorize - but there is no deauthorization option.

Does anyone have an idea? I had this problem earlier, but our librarians were not very helpful either.

By the way - I'm highly annoyed - my library pays for books that are not actually available to me. And I now need to invest time and ask for the kindness of strangers to spare their time for this issue ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 05, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've finally found the answer to my question, and so far the solution worked.

Occasionally ADE can have issues deauthorising and can present an error message. In these instances there is a way to manually erase the authorisation. The steps are different for PC and Mac, so please select the instructions that are correct for your computer.

For Windows:

1. Choose Start > Run.
2. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
3. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

4. Right-click the Adept key (folder) and choose Delete.
5. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2018 0
feirefiz LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2018 0