• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Headache re. authorizing my computer

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I created an account with Adobe so that I could transfer a book which I borrowed through Overdrive to my Kindle Reader (I have a desktop computer and do not want to be stuck reading the book on the desktop).

Two problems emerged.  Each time I tried to input the e-mail address/password into the Authorization page it kept telling me, "Activation Server error.  Digital Editions encountered an error on the activation server."  In an effort to resolve the problem I reset my password.  Still the same error message.  The second problem is that while I am signed in, everything is copacetic.  I can access my profile page, etc.  The minute I sign out and attempt to sign in again, it tells me my password is incorrect.  It did this BEFORE I reset my password.

Note:  Years ago I signed up with Adobe to post in the Flash forum.  Since I no longer use that e-mail address I created the current account from scratch.  But I do not know whether the info for that account is not messing things up.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to report, problem solved.  I followed the instructions shown on the following page:

Authorize your computer
https://community.adobe.com/t5/digital-editions/authorize-your-computer/td-p/10584745

and deleted Registry entry for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept.  After that I was able to successfully authorize my computer.

Thanks for the indirect help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines