• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.6 will not download my books

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over a week - not that computer literate but been on a forum and being helped so much but not getting anywhere.

1. Have made sure all Windows 10 - up todate  (Grasping at straws in case something was clogging up system)

2. Have deleted all books on files?

3. Checked 'Choose Default Apps by File type' - all OK for ADE

4. Deleted ADE and restarted laptop - with fingers crossed.

5. Went to Library downloaded book and up comes this screen for ADE basically wanting to download program again!

Gone are the days when I could just choose my book, download - see ADE open with book downloaded across - plug in KOBO - move across - happy days!

Thanking you in anticipation that someone else has had this frustrating time consuming problem and can help me.

P.S. I have just read on here, i think my brain is all over the place now, that you can try downloading from Library in ADE.  So I searched where it should be and looked in my computer -

6. Under Documents - Adobe Digital Edition - clicked on but the book I just downloaded isn't listed. Others have but they have a symbol with a BLUE -e  is that correct?  Is that a clue to what is going wrong?

UPDATE!!!!

Went onto old laptop (Win 8) and see re: point 6 above the Blue e - is a ADE icon.  Went into properties of a book and it says 'open with Microsoft Edge - I clicked and said Chrome (I think) anyway they all came back up with ADE Icon.  Sooooo I think Microsoft Edge is trying to get in there somewhere - don't understand this!!!

Anyway tried downloading another book thought i had cracked it - but up came the window to download ADE again!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem when downloading books from Google Play (books) - suddenly appeared and nothing worked, including installing Digital Editions 3.0 (which, according to some people, is the solution). Every time I tried to upload the *.acsm file into Digital Editions it just froze up.

Finally, I did a search on my computer for epub-files -  and all the books were converted from *.acsm to epub files and in a directory. I copied them over into kobo and could read them just fine. So the conversion worked, but the files never showed up in Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines