Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlighting works, then it doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

My e-book is DRM protected. I can not copy paste any text. Which is fine because it is a study book and you have added a highlight function for me to help me get to the core of the contents.

The highlighting function works. Sometimes. Yesterday I highlighted away. Today, I continu in the same document and the Highlight option is greyed out. CTRL+M does nothing. So I scroll to previous pages. Also there the option is greyed out. But CTRL+M does highlight a text. I don't get this random behaviour?!? I would like to hear a solution promptly.

Regards,

René

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: restarted the program and now I am able to Highlight. Still needs to be fixed though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

The problem still persist. I can see multiple users have this issue. Has this issue been added to your "to do" list? I have had no reaction.

With regards,

René

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too - Adobe Support please reply to this problem urgently - Paul Williams Sydney Australia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul Williams again - I closed the app and restarted and Highlight now works. Will let you know if it stops again. Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now 1pm and highlighting has again stopped working. However, it returned after restarting the app.

Would appreciate a reply from Adobe Support after the New Year break. Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlighting stopped again at 1:39 pm - now beyond annoying.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stopped highlighting again 4 pm - I'll make this the last post and hope Adobe Support will fix. Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have this exact problem. Has this really not been fixed in the last 4 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem right now as well. It renders the Adobe Digital Editions effectively ineffective. After all, don't most people use this for checking out books for study, research, etc.? Highlighting seems like a very basic feature one would expect to work without fail.

So annoying and disappointing! Adobe, please fix ASAP!

Thank you,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I've Just open another book and highlight sth, then back to the book im reading and now the highlighting feature works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlighting will work me until Ihit a new chapter, then it will stop. I have to go back to the library then reopen the book and I can highlight again. I wish Adobe would fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The highlighting problem as described persists.  I guess Adobe has no intention of fixing it.  I've had problems with other Adobe products that seem to persist for years.  It's gotten to the point now that I pursue competitor's products first, with Adobe products becoming the last resort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines