• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I solve: Error getting license?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Windows computer either at home or at work I get the following error message when I try to download an EBSCO ebook to Adobe Digital Editions:

Unable to Download

Error getting license.  License Server Communications Problem:

E_STREAM_ERROR:

I have uninstalled and re-installed ADE, ver 4.51.  I have uninstalled ver 4.51 and installed 4.0, but get the error message "Error:  Check Activation!"  Nothing works.  However, only a week or so ago I was not having any problem at all downloading books to my pc.  I've not changed any software beyond versions or any pc settings.  I've pinged EBSCO about it and they point their finger at Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russ,

You need to manually delete the activation file and then resign in. Please follow these steps:

You must have administration authority.

On Windows it can be found here:
Open Windows Registry by using the command prompt and typing 'regedit' or by opening the start menu and searching for 'regedit'.

Search for the following folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation

The 'Activation' folder can be entirely deleted.

On Mac it can be found here:
In Finder, find the 'Go' option on the menu bar and click 'Go to folder' and type the following in:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/

Delete the activation.dat file within the 'Digital Editions' folder.

Restart ADE and it should be deactivated at this point. You should be good to sign back in and try the download again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after searching online for a couple of hours and trying everything, finally an answer that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My license was on another copmuter which has since, crashed and been wiped. How can I activate the software on the new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines