• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do load Adobe Plugins in Adobe Reader DC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am puzzled regarding how to load Adobe plugins that are listed in the Digital Edition Help menu selection "About Adobe Plugins".  The info window for this topic shows a collection of Adobe Plugins that (I guess) came with my install of the software.  But some of them are shown as loaded and some are shown as not loaded, such as the DRM plugin for example.  Some of them seem to be loaded at some times but not loaded at other times, and there is no control or function that I can see .that provides this functionality.  I cannot find any info on how to find, load, unload, actyivate, or whatever in the Help files.  The list is pretty long and most are loaded, but I would like to now where to get plugins, how to install and activate and control them, and so on for the DC reader so that I can control what is available etc.  Any help would be appreciated.

This reader is the greatest PDF reader for my Win desktop PC ever, I wish there was a version for my Android tablet that was as marvelous and as functionable as the desktop version....

Pete Barnes

[Personal info removed by Mod: Email address]

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DRM plugin will be loaded when you open a PDF file with Adobe DRM protection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Should I presume that the Reader software itself will determine and control the enabling and disabling of plugins behind the scene so I do not have to control this function? Where can I get more information on Adobe plugins, how to acquire, install, and use them etc.? I could not find anything specific in the Help file or FAQs or anywhere else on the website.

Pete B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. question: yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK that does answer my question. Sorry, but I went on the forum website and do not see any way to indicate the closure, unless you are referring to the Action selection, which merely pops up a meaningless message. So feel free to close the thread for me, with ny thanks.

Pete B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every time I try to open the DRM PDF eBook in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC or Reader (opens fine in Adobe Digital Editions just sucks to read/note take/do anything useful with the PDF) I receive an error message stating "There was an error opening this document. The security plug-in required by this command is unavailable."

How do I fix that? Is this the same problem as the person above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines