• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to authorize eBooks without an Adobe ID

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I once created an Adobe ID to be able to authorize eBooks. I never changed the Adobe ID email address or password. Now, years later, while transferring content to a new computer, the Adobe ID is no longer accepted by Adobe, neither in Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) nor for access to the accounts.adobe.com/ page.

The problem here is that I no longer use the email address used for the Adobe ID. Because the email account no longer exists, I am not able to receive password resets. Adobe is TOTALLY UNPREPARED to help in this situation. Of course I can prove that I posssess and purchased the eBooks. Therefore, there should be a way to restore my Adobe ID and let me use the eBooks.

The option to synchronize content can not even be activated in Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.7, and the option to auhorize eBooks without an Adobe ID comes with negative consequences (you basically have to give up ownership of the eBooks).

The Adobe support chart person directed me to this forum. Now what? Would I be able to create a new Adobe ID and then authorize the eBooks? I don't think so. I think my old Adobe ID need to be restored. To this end, an Adobe employee needs to look at evidence. Will you help, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originall posted this question on February 21, 2018 and rewrote the text for clarity on March 9. More than 2 weeks have passed. If Adobe does not react within the next 2 weeks, I may sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The incompetence displayed in the Adobe Support Chat is a most bizarre experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe support chat is described by Adobe as "real help from real people". I am warning anybody reading this from given them your phone number. When they ask for your phone number "to update your profile" DO NOT GIVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER. These chat persons are not allowed to edit your account information. These persons are tricksters who probably have some side business going on, unrelated to Adobe.

I asked why they want my phone number, and they could not explain. When I insisted on an explanation, I was accused of "not cooperating" for not giving the phone number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines