Highlighted

How To De-authorize ADE for Old Email Without Password

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble with ADE, and need to De-Authorize it to Authorize it again. It has been Authorized to an old email, no longer in use, and I don't have the password. How do I eliminate that authorization, so I can re-authorize it with my current account? I've tried uninstalling, deleting the ADE folder in My Documents, deleting the two ADE Registry settings (which didn't seem to do anything), making sure the subdirectories are deleted, etc. After re-installing, ADE still shows existing books and is already authorized to the old address.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How To De-authorize ADE for Old Email Without Password

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble with ADE, and need to De-Authorize it to Authorize it again. It has been Authorized to an old email, no longer in use, and I don't have the password. How do I eliminate that authorization, so I can re-authorize it with my current account? I've tried uninstalling, deleting the ADE folder in My Documents, deleting the two ADE Registry settings (which didn't seem to do anything), making sure the subdirectories are deleted, etc. After re-installing, ADE still shows existing books and is already authorized to the old address.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2019 1
Shupa LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem on my desptop (Windows 10).  On the ADE de-authorization screen an old, old email address drops down.  Adobe help lines have confirmed that they have no record of that old email in their records, and the old password for that email doesn't work. Adobe has my new email and new password which work just fine on my laptop.  So I have a greyed out "ghost" email address dropping down and no way to change it.  I cannot use ADE 4.5 on my desktop until I can eliminate that old email that doesn't exist in Adobe's database.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Digital Editions 4.5 several times, searched my computer for the existence of the old email anywhere, and there is none.  The deactivatioin screen seems to populate from the Adobe database.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0