• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deauthorize and reauthorize digital editions

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to deauthorize and reauthorize digital editions so overdrive will download. This seems to be the only way to get going again after their latest update and has worked with my other devices. Can't find how to do this on digital editions on my laptop so I can drag to my nook.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Windows:

1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Press Control+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Macintosh:

1. quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  3. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Press Control+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Macintosh:

1. quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  3. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded latest version of Digital Editions. It now has the deauthorizing option on the drop down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I authorized without use of my username and password, now I can't put a book on my device and I cannot de-authorize. The hotkeys shortcut doesn't work and the de-authorize on the menu is not available.

I deleted digital editions (because I couldn't find out how to de-install) and when I installed it again it had my original settings.

Is there any way around this or do I have to throw away my laptop and buy a new one, and create a completely bogus new user ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too- very frustrating and I have tried everything.  I hope someone answers this soon so I can get back reading my library overdrive books on me ereader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I cannot open my books, and I just keep getting the error below. 

I cannot erase the authorization.adobe error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you do not know your correct password, you cannot de-authorized.   I have tried changing my password and still cannot get into the system to unauthorize.   I un-installed, remove all registration and still goes back to original settings (whatever they were) when downloading again.  I wish I could talk with someone at ADE but when using "chat" I was directed to the forum site for help.  What happened to ADE that I cannot use anymore?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enter my password, which is correct, and I still cannot erase the authorization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do used which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled the older version of ADE, and it's working fine now.

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent help! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this doesn't work!  I have tried again and again.  I keep getting a reply 'unable to erase.  Please try again later'.

I have checked several areas in the help section and no one seems to know how to get by this message.  Therefore I can't read any of my books on my kobo.  Thanks a lot adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem. I've been through the online Chat system 3 times over the past year and never gotten anywhere.  All I want to do is remove an old Adobe ID that stopped working. I have the name and password, but it won't work. There is no option to just remove all authorizations. All the chat people have checked my old adobe ID and told me it no longer exists. So now seems there is no way to remove it. Such a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this worked for me:

Use "Add or Remove programs" to uninstall ADE 4.5

Download ADE version 1.72 from;

http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=kobo-ade-ereader-setup

Use CTRL+SHIFT+D to bring up the screen for deauthorizing.

Deauthorize your computer

Quit ADE 1.72

Remove the “My Digital Editions” folder completely;

C:\Users\    \Documents\My Digital Editions

Start ADE version 1.72

Authorize with your new adobe ID

Quit ADE 1.72

Install ADE 4.5

Hopefully this will work. At least ADE is showing my new adobe ID now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, more steps yet. When I downloaded a book from the library Adobe wasn't happy yet.

Do this next:

Need to modify the registry to remove the activation information.

1. Close all ADE and all other applications.
  2. Right hand click on windows icon (bottom left) and select Windows Powershell (Admin)
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit, and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the registry key, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key. Click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor

Now run ADE 4.5 again and reauthorize your computer: Success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this also for Windows10? This seems to be for a Kobo Reader, which doesn't help..

I have the same issue on both Windows and Android apps 😞

Thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer was stolen and at the new computer I cannot read my e-book because it is autorized on the computer I don't have anymore. What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines