Highlighted

How to get back from footnotes

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm reading an e-book using Adobe Digital Editions. When I click on a link for a footnote mentioned in the text I 'm transfered to the footnotes where a can read that actual footnote. But how do a get back to the page in the text in the book?

So let's say I'm on page 30 in the book and footnote 7 is mentioned. Then i click on  "7" and I'm transfered to the footnotes where I can read footnote 7. But after  I have looked at  foot note 7 I want to go back to the text in the book. But How do I get back to the page I was reading?

Of course I can scroll up to page 30 gain. But isn't there a way get back to this page in one click? And let's say I forgot I was on page 30, how do I then get back to this very page? The best would is there was a "back to page" button, or if the footnote was shown in a pop up so I did't have to leave the page in the first place.

Thanks in advance

Ola Tengstam, Librarian at Malmo University Sweden

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to get back from footnotes

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm reading an e-book using Adobe Digital Editions. When I click on a link for a footnote mentioned in the text I 'm transfered to the footnotes where a can read that actual footnote. But how do a get back to the page in the text in the book?

So let's say I'm on page 30 in the book and footnote 7 is mentioned. Then i click on  "7" and I'm transfered to the footnotes where I can read footnote 7. But after  I have looked at  foot note 7 I want to go back to the text in the book. But How do I get back to the page I was reading?

Of course I can scroll up to page 30 gain. But isn't there a way get back to this page in one click? And let's say I forgot I was on page 30, how do I then get back to this very page? The best would is there was a "back to page" button, or if the footnote was shown in a pop up so I did't have to leave the page in the first place.

Thanks in advance

Ola Tengstam, Librarian at Malmo University Sweden

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2017 0

Have something to add?