• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Identify and Remov 32 bit flies for Catalina upgrade

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, its October 2019 and Catalina OS is here and ready to update my iMac. Running a systems report I see the only applications I have remaining that are 32 bit are a list of Adobe Utilities and oddly named Adobe files, I had no idea Adobe installed so many.

Since my CC Photoshop and Lightroom Classic show as 64 bit how do I know how and what to get rid of this list of random Adobe files? The list is attached below.

The Adobe Cleaner Tool does not indicate which is needed or not needed of these utilities.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, and I don't know how to get rid of these old 32 but Adobe programmes including Adobe Flash player installer, an old version of Lightroom.app, Dynamic Link Manager.app, Dynamic Link mesiaserver.app, Adobe Acrobat Reader Installer.app, Adobe Application Manager. All these old programmes are shown under System Informatio/older Software on my Mac Version 10.14.6. I don't dare to switch to Catalina before these problems are solved. So, what can I do????????? I have a Creative Cloud subscription!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched up to Catalina in a panic and at the advice of a Mac "chat guy". I'm on a Macbook Air and have an Adobe CC subscription. I use CleanMyMac (a great utility) and it tells me I can uninstall the following 32 bit app helpers (attached). Can I do so and not hurt my Adobe CC apps?32 bit app helpers.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly that and it wasn’t a problem at all. It did not have any effect on my Adobe cloud programmes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the quick turnaround...I'm going to go ahead and remove those 32 bit files and helpers. I'll let you know how it goes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CleanMyMac since 4 weeks now and it really helped me with all those old Adobe "helpers" that totally confused me. With Adobe not willing to help us with the problem I finally dared to CleanMyMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the uninstall, had to still contact support but they were very helpful. When I uninstalled those bits I went back and tried to use older versions of Photoshop, InDesign which wouldn't work. Once it was determined which were the new ones, all went well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds logic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines