• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to resolve ADE DRM error on a kobo?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new "KOBO Glo HD" and I have properly auth my computer and device and can copy without error books from my library to the device, however it stops there, and I get the following error on the device. I have removed the software (not done the registry thing) I have deauth and reauth my computer and device, getting close to the limit I am sure, and have yet to READ 1 book on my kobo. Protected by DRM? no this is not protection...

BTW only support for ADE is chat and forums, and the person at the end of chat referred me to the forums, I think they should disable the CHAT support if your response will only be to refer to forums.

Anyone encountered this and solved it? Is really annoying...

ADE.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

After about a week of fighting with this issue, I have figured out the solution myself,

Contacting KOBO ... no help

Chat with Adobe... referred to here...

Solution, use ADE 3.0 and do not use ADE 4.x

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After about a week of fighting with this issue, I have figured out the solution myself,

Contacting KOBO ... no help

Chat with Adobe... referred to here...

Solution, use ADE 3.0 and do not use ADE 4.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue - could not open books on my Kobo Aura...

Followed all of the hints suggested by Adobe with not resolution - wasted about 5 hours of time - and am extremely frustrated with Adobe...

v4.5.4 of ADE is broken!

Went back to v3 and solved the issue...

While you're at it, Adobe - add an EJECT option in ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thank you so much for sharing this. I was having the same issue with a Kobo Touch eReader using ADE 4.x: after losing hours trying to authorize, deauthorize, download, re-download, etc. to no avail I read your solution, installed ADE 3.0 and now it works fine!

BTW, I was able  to install ADE 3.0 on the latest Windows 10 version without issue. A little more in detail, this is what I did:

- deauthorized the eReader from ADE 4.x;

- deauthorized my computer from ADE 4.x;

- uninstalled ADE 4.x;

- installed ADE 3.0;

- authorized my computer, then the eReader, downloaded again the book to add it to Library, then copied book to eReader;

- disconnected eReader and the book was there ready for use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on 4.5.10 on Mac. 4.5.11 solved the issue and I was able to read Adobe DRM books again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2020, on windows 10, the adobe digital edition, didn't work. It didn't even start on my setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2020, on windows 10, the adobe digital edition version 3.0, didn't work It install, but, it didn't even start on my setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested on W10 computer with two ACSM files for books I borrowed on a public library in France.

After a lot of testing I removed ADE 4.5.11 and installed ADE 3.0 and that still works in 2021!

Yet to test on a MacBook

Thanks Sun_shine for the solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been totally unable to find a version 3.0 for ADE.  Search and search but everywhere I go it simply defers to v4.5.11.  Frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the Adobe download page link for ADE 3.0 now simply takes to the ADE support page where no links to download version 3.0 seem to be available. Looking for alternatives, I found a user on reddit who mentioned having the same issue and reported finding a (apparently safe) mirror download for ADE 3.0 from a third party website. Can't remember what the guidelines here say about posting links to third party websites, but you should be able to easily find that link in the discussion on reddit (the discussion is titled "Can't download ADE 3.0" and it was one of the first hits when I googled for "ADE 3.0 download"). Hope this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a DL site for ADE 3.0.  I switched browsers, went to Edge and searched.  Once found I installed it and...shazam...it works better than the 4.5.11 version.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome! Glad you managed to find a working download for 3.0: no matter what, but that older ADE version still seems to be the only working solution to the ADE DRM error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True.  What a mess v 4.5 is!  TskTsk Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please point me in the direction of this link? I have spent days trying to find one for Mac that actually works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch that - I found a link, but 3.0 no longer works with MacOS High Sierra. I might as well throw my ereader away, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is a shame what they've done to our Kobos.

I'm working with the WIndows platform, cannot help ya with MACOS.

I went with Libby, which works well enough for me; at least I get the books!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fair enough! I just found a solution for my problem - I find the oldest ebook my library has to offer, download that and open it on my ereader. After that, download the book that couldn’t be opened again and low and behold - no problems whatsoever. It remains a mystery to me but I'm glad I can read again, at least for now. Happy reading 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me and the Clara HD are fighting this same battle; Adobe laid to waste a smooth, simple process. The hours spent on this! Still not working right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeffrey, did you try the OP's suggested solution of using ADE version 3.0 in order to solve the authorization issue on your Clara HD? It appears that version 4.x is "broken", but like the OP and other users who posted here I managed to finally solve the problem using version 3.0. Once you have version 3.0 installed on your computer, the process to authorize books is the same of version 4.x, except that with 3.0 your eareader should be finally able to properly access books.

Unfortunately, to complicate things, it looks like that over the past year the link to download version 3.0 has been removed from the Adobe download page. However, in the above exchange of posts with artrosch, we mention a reddit thread (which should be easy to locate with a quick google search) that links to a working DL for ADE 3.0. Hopefully, this will help solve the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a similar link for Mac? This issue is driving me nuts, I just want to read 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

Here is the solution when your Kobo (with library) does not seam to open on the kobo. Plus, with windows 11, the ADE do not show your book but say they are in the library. 

I search and finaly my problem is ok now.

The solution is simple.  You have to change the orignal directory. Here a exemple because i.m not so good with english and what i want to say.

1) In your computer your have the directory:   My document / digital edition / .... and you see all your document (book)

2) you have to reWrite this directory buy creating another one.

My document / BAD digital edition

CLOSE ADE BEFORE DOING THAT.

After, open ADE and i will create anothor directory and BINGO ! all there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! I've taken a different track... Got a new cell recently, and I decided to try the Libby app on it. This works neatly, no muss no fuss, and I'm done with my Kobo.
- Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines