Highlighted

How to resolve ADE DRM error on a kobo?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new "KOBO Glo HD" and I have properly auth my computer and device and can copy without error books from my library to the device, however it stops there, and I get the following error on the device. I have removed the software (not done the registry thing) I have deauth and reauth my computer and device, getting close to the limit I am sure, and have yet to READ 1 book on my kobo. Protected by DRM? no this is not protection...

BTW only support for ADE is chat and forums, and the person at the end of chat referred me to the forums, I think they should disable the CHAT support if your response will only be to refer to forums.

Anyone encountered this and solved it? Is really annoying...

ADE.jpeg

After about a week of fighting with this issue, I have figured out the solution myself,

Contacting KOBO ... no help

Chat with Adobe... referred to here...

Solution, use ADE 3.0 and do not use ADE 4.x

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to resolve ADE DRM error on a kobo?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new "KOBO Glo HD" and I have properly auth my computer and device and can copy without error books from my library to the device, however it stops there, and I get the following error on the device. I have removed the software (not done the registry thing) I have deauth and reauth my computer and device, getting close to the limit I am sure, and have yet to READ 1 book on my kobo. Protected by DRM? no this is not protection...

BTW only support for ADE is chat and forums, and the person at the end of chat referred me to the forums, I think they should disable the CHAT support if your response will only be to refer to forums.

Anyone encountered this and solved it? Is really annoying...

ADE.jpeg

After about a week of fighting with this issue, I have figured out the solution myself,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2016 4
New Here ,
May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue - could not open books on my Kobo Aura...

Followed all of the hints suggested by Adobe with not resolution - wasted about 5 hours of time - and am extremely frustrated with Adobe...

v4.5.4 of ADE is broken!

Went back to v3 and solved the issue...

While you're at it, Adobe - add an EJECT option in ADE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on 4.5.10 on Mac. 4.5.11 solved the issue and I was able to read Adobe DRM books again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0