• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use ADE on iPad?

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New user.  Non-starter so far.  I download an ePub file from the library and it shows up in Files->Favorites->Downloads.  I start up ADE (v 4.5.11), but the file doesn't appear in the Library view.  There is no Open, Scan, Import or other command that might be used to grab the file from its location.  Sync doesn't make the file appear.  I tried moving the file to icloud, but ADE doesn't see it there, either.  My question is, How the heck do I open ePub files in ADE on my iPad?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ken

ps- Yes, I have an authorized account in Settings and Auto Download is enabled.

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I guess this forum isn't as active as I'd hoped.  Anyway, what I discovered is that ADE doesn't scan the iPad for ebook files, nor can it "pull" files from anywhere.  Ebooks need to be "pushed" to ADE from another app with the Share feature, Copy To Adobe Digital Editions.  Then the title shows up in the ADE Library.  The Files app and the iCloud app are two ways I found that work successfully.

I hope this helps others puzzled by this.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked fine. I think Adobe needs to update the Digital Editions authorization to note this, or get it to work with 2FA. Crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry - I posted my comment on the wrong subject but doing a share, as the contributor noted, did work. What my comment was referring to was that I couldn't get Adobe Editions to authorize on my iPad. Found a post that noted that if you have 2FA on that it will fail to authorize. For me, the failure was a message that my username or password was incorrect. Not that it is not sophisticated enough to honor the 2FA on my Adobe account or even a message saying to turn it off while authorizing. Very frustrating. Sorry for the incorrect message on this thread but did find this useful too, so, THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines