Highlighted

How to use ADE on iPad?

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New user.  Non-starter so far.  I download an ePub file from the library and it shows up in Files->Favorites->Downloads.  I start up ADE (v 4.5.11), but the file doesn't appear in the Library view.  There is no Open, Scan, Import or other command that might be used to grab the file from its location.  Sync doesn't make the file appear.  I tried moving the file to icloud, but ADE doesn't see it there, either.  My question is, How the heck do I open ePub files in ADE on my iPad?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ken

ps- Yes, I have an authorized account in Settings and Auto Download is enabled.

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to use ADE on iPad?

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New user.  Non-starter so far.  I download an ePub file from the library and it shows up in Files->Favorites->Downloads.  I start up ADE (v 4.5.11), but the file doesn't appear in the Library view.  There is no Open, Scan, Import or other command that might be used to grab the file from its location.  Sync doesn't make the file appear.  I tried moving the file to icloud, but ADE doesn't see it there, either.  My question is, How the heck do I open ePub files in ADE on my iPad?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ken

ps- Yes, I have an authorized account in Settings and Auto Download is enabled.

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I guess this forum isn't as active as I'd hoped.  Anyway, what I discovered is that ADE doesn't scan the iPad for ebook files, nor can it "pull" files from anywhere.  Ebooks need to be "pushed" to ADE from another app with the Share feature, Copy To Adobe Digital Editions.  Then the title shows up in the ADE Library.  The Files app and the iCloud app are two ways I found that work successfully.

I hope this helps others puzzled by this.

Ken

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2020 0