• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to view 2 pages, side-by-side in PDF within Adobe Digital Editions 4.5+

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it impossible to display two pages at once, side-by-side, when viewing a PDF in Adobe Digital Editions 4.5? Even after presumably 4.5 iterations, in the year 2019, how it is possible for such a simple feature, in a book reader no less, to be entirely absent? At least allowing the user the option to view a book or magazine in it's original format seems like a no-brainer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that Adobe Digital editions isn't meant to be a full featured book reader. It's meant to be a "lightweight" application with minimal features. I'm not exactly sure why this is the case and how Adobe justify it. Maybe to save them money on making it portable across different devices? As if they are going broke!! 😁  I agree,  especially surprising given it seems to be the default reader for copy protected books!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe pays no attention to Special Editions because they don't gain any revenue from it. It is outrageous that I have no choice in the matter if I want to borrow books from an online library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have a couple of art books in the format -legitmatley purchased too! -that are practically unreadable. So infurating. Anyone know of another app that will open same files on iPad? Or is there anyone from Adobe who can let us know of planned update to 'fix' issue?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded and tested bluefire reader for Windows, version 1.1 from http://storage.googleapis.com/windows_updates/setup_1_1_1006.exe (through https://www.bluefirereader.com/bluefire-reader.htmlhttps://www.bluefirereader.com/bluefire-reader.ht...).
Unfortunately, bluefire reader for Windows 1.1 doesn't offer 2-page view either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto for me. Especially when Adobe Reader can do 2-page view...Why not just do it in Digital Editions? Or at least default to Reader when opening pdf's in Digital Editions....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am losing my s**t over this. It's ridicilious, really unconfortable to read books like this. And I see that nothing has been done to change this yet. Dammit Adobe get it together and fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am uninstalling the software. It is unusable. Eating up space on my hard drive and practically useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I just installed it. Incredibly slow and not user friendly. I am uninstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14 January 2022, and still no two page view. I need Digital Editions for my studies and boy is this annoying. Get it fixed please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can't be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Digital editions is an embarrasment as a piece of software, painful to use and makes me think the rest of Adobe's software is just as lacking in features. It cannot be that hard to include a double page view. That single feature alone would make the program ten times better. Shameful for a company so apparently geared towards creativity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines