How to view 2 pages, side-by-side in PDF within Adobe Digital Editions 4.5+

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it impossible to display two pages at once, side-by-side, when viewing a PDF in Adobe Digital Editions 4.5? Even after presumably 4.5 iterations, in the year 2019, how it is possible for such a simple feature, in a book reader no less, to be entirely absent? At least allowing the user the option to view a book or magazine in it's original format seems like a no-brainer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that Adobe Digital editions isn't meant to be a full featured book reader. It's meant to be a "lightweight" application with minimal features. I'm not exactly sure why this is the case and how Adobe justify it. Maybe to save them money on making it portable across different devices? As if they are going broke!! 😁  I agree,  especially surprising given it seems to be the default reader for copy protected books!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have a couple of art books in the format -legitmatley purchased too! -that are practically unreadable. So infurating. Anyone know of another app that will open same files on iPad? Or is there anyone from Adobe who can let us know of planned update to 'fix' issue?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto for me. Especially when Adobe Reader can do 2-page view...Why not just do it in Digital Editions? Or at least default to Reader when opening pdf's in Digital Editions....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am losing my s**t over this. It's ridicilious, really unconfortable to read books like this. And I see that nothing has been done to change this yet. Dammit Adobe get it together and fix this. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines