• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am have trouble with my ADE

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have loaded the ADE on to my computer and am attempting to get library books transferred to my KOBO --I have done this in the past and never had any issues 

I can see the book on the shelve and the kobo devices come up when I plug it in and I drag the book to the kobo , and the book come up on my list and I can not open it  Frustrating !!!!! I have done everything that I can think of , including uninstalling and reinstalling ADE,  Also ADE asks to authorize computer and when I try to do that it come up that "this ID is authorized on another computer and unable to do it "   HELP

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not positive that this is the same problem, but it is one that I have had on numerous occasions with trying to upload library books to my KoboGlo - books that WILL open in Adobe Digital Editions on my computer desktop....

In July 2017, after several agonized times visting the ADE forum, I finally discovered a viable reply from Maureen, who outlined how to fix the problem: Re: Not able to open library books on my Kobo Glo: "Oops! This document couldn't be opened" ​With the following list, I am paraphrasing Maureen's excellent advice that finally released me from my anguish:

1. Delete the problem book(s) from your ereader.
  2. Open Adobe Digital Editions on the computer. Check to see if you can read the problem book(s) in ADE. Connect your e-reader. Erase authorization on ADE (Go to the Help Menu at the top). Erase the authorization for the ereader (go to the side menu of ADE). Keep the e-reader connected to the computer.
  3. Go to your public library website and get a NEW book. Upload the new book to ADE. Adobe will then PROMPT YOU for the authorization. If it doesn't, go back to "help" at the top and reauthorize ADE. Go to the side menu of ADE to re-authorize your ereader.
  4. Drag the new book into your e-reader. Select "ereader" (ie: NOT all items, or borrowed items, or...). Try opening the book in the ereader area. If it opens there, it's likely that it will open in your e-reader.
  5. Re-upload what were the problem book(s) to your e-reader. Again, select "ereader" in ADE and check that the book(s) can be read there.
  6. Disconnect your e-reader from the computer. Be able to read your book(s) at last!

If the above doesn't work, try the following that DID work for me in July 2018 when the first fix stopped working, largely because ADE kept crashing. (I had to uninstall and reinstall ADE from my computer 5 or 6 times before everything finally worked again....) Once it was FINALLY working, I still had to follow the extra steps outlined above to make sure the book really really really was authorized.

1. Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs
  2. Copy folder C:\my documents\my digital editions and save it elsewhere
  3. Delete "C: \my documents\my digital editions”
  4. Re-install Adobe Digital Editions
  5. Reauthorize ADE and continue as per normal. Be prepared to have to follow the extra steps outlined above.
  6. If uploading a large new ebook to Kobo, when ADE stops responding, ignore the message, unplug Kobo from the computer and be pleased to see that the book is uploaded to Kobo after all.

Source: (from https://forums.adobe.com/thread/698321 )

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that I have identified a part of the problem is that my Adobe ID was set up on my old computer and Adobe will not accept it on the new computer , and also when I attempt to download the library required Overdrive it is from Google Store which is under my gmail address and connected to my tablet and when I load it , it get loaded on my tablet which I then cannot transfer the library book to my KOBO WIFI , I think I need to solved these problems before I can attempt the probable solution you gave me. I anyone can help with these issue please contact me Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines