• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can no longer open library books on my ereader

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ebooks downloaded from my library to my laptop are fine. When I copy them to my kobo ereader I get the message "

This book is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management. Because you previously deauthorized your ereader, you need to re-import the book using ADE.".

I have gone through extensive troubleshooting with KOBo, including resetting my ereader, deauthorizing and reauthorizing both my laptop and my computer. After taking thses steops, I have downloaded several library books to my laptop and copied them to my kobo. The library books can be opened on my laptop, including the copies of the books on my kobo bookshelf. Also, my kobo shows as authorized on my laptop, but I am unable to open any library books on my kobo ereader. I get the error message above.

What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I say have because I did the following with 2 different readers and I now have borrowed books to read.

With ADE closed, plug in your reader. Dialogue box pops up asking what you want do do. Choose Kobo Reader. System page open. Choose documents,choose Kobo.

Open ADE (having previously authorized computer and reader).

Open your library account, choose book, download to ADE. After download, copy to reader. Wait. Eject reader. Disconnect when it allows you.

No promises, worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me when I downloaded ADE 4.5.  I reverted back to ADE 3.0 and it worked just fine after that. Not sure if it's an issue with the newer version of ADE?

The download link for 3.0 is near the bottom of this page - Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

EXACTLY the same here.  Sorry I have no solution to offer  - at this point I have spent hours messing with this.  Sorry to say: Adobe Digital Editions support sucks big time!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines