• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can not erase authorization and get the following error message: Unable to erase authorization. Please try again after some time.

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not erase authorization and get the following error message:

Unable to erase authorization. Please try again after some time.

I want to be able to re authorize so i can transfer files to my Nook Glowlight Plus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Macintosh:

1. quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  3. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macintosh:

1. quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  3. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the key in Adept/Device and deleted as per instructions. Did not help. Still can't remove authorization. What now? I know the password is correct because I logged in to AdobID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you remove the folder, your hase remove the authorize. Your are sure that has remove the right folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I was confused by the term "key". I removed all the folders and all is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder is the key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too, but the folder /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions does not exist. I have set all hidden files to show and activation.dat cannot be found on the computer. What can I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows info to remove Adept key worked. Removing and reinstalling the software did not. Thank you! It took a long time to find the correct fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to delete the adept key, but the reauthorization still doesn't work. I work on Windows.

I have then tried to export the key but could not find the Select Range Export thing. I saved it somewhere else and it still didn't work.

I then deleted all the folders under Adobe in the registry file and it still didn't work. I am at my wits' end. 

please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried doing that but the 4th option "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept" wasn't available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines