Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Can't open books on my Kobo e-reader

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to open e-books that i have downloaded on my e-reader. But when I try to open it it says:

This file can not be opened.

This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) and is currently not accessible with you Adobe ID. Sign in with the autorized Adobe ID and try again.

I have authorized the pc and the -ereader with the same email adress, but on the site that i have dowloaded books from, I use two other adresses. Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Hi I was getting the same message on my Kobo touch when I tried to open library books (This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID.  Please sign-in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again).  After reading a few posts on this issue, I did the following:

- make sure you have Adobe 3.0

- deauthorize the computer using the instructions from their site (OverDrive | How to deauthorize Adobe Digital Edition...)

- get a b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and have tried everything to correct it (uninstall, reinstall, different version) but I still cant open the books on my Kobo.  The Adobe support line has been completely useless. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I randomly have this same problem. My latest fix was the easiest! I deleted the book from my reader and from Digital Editions (it was still signed out from the library-just deleted from all devices) I opened Adobe Digital Editions on my computer and went into preferences - and unchecked the box "Library Sync option: automatically download your synced books to this device"[which would be my COMPUTER].  (I did actually have my KOBO plugged into my computer as I did this, but when the KOBO asked if I wanted to connect to the computer I chose CANCEL). I then was going to go back and re download the book and add to Adobe Digital Editions BUT- THE BOOK JUST SHOWED UP on my KOBO and I was able to open it.  Also, somewhere in the whole process I went to HOME on my KOBO and signed into my home library - as I noticed on the HOME page a button that said "learn how to borrow ebooks from your public library" and it led me through the steps for signing in. I hope this helps. I also HAD TO sign up for an adobe account just so I could reply on this forum! But I know I have done the laborious process of de-authorizing before and it was really annoying- so I hope this is an easier work around for someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue with library ebooks and they have been helping me. Delete adobe digital edition 4.0 and download 3.0. Mine is working now, after 2 weeks of trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was getting the same message on my Kobo touch when I tried to open library books (This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID.  Please sign-in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again).  After reading a few posts on this issue, I did the following:

- make sure you have Adobe 3.0

- deauthorize the computer using the instructions from their site (OverDrive | How to deauthorize Adobe Digital Edition...)

- get a book from the library book

- when prompted, open using ADE (or download- I just said open instead of download)

- when you try to open the book in ADE, it'll ask you to authorize computer

- I put in my authorization (the same as my Kobo) then transferred the book to my Kobo.

- I was then able to open my library book in my Kobo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this brilliant tip about deauthorizing. It works!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am having the same problem.  My eReader (KoBo) has worked fine for several years but just this week has begun to not allow me to open books I have downloaded from my library using ADE.

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2014 Nov 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have solved the problem. I deauthorized the pc and e-reader and deleated ADE form the computer. After that I installed ADE 3.0 and authorized pc and reader. And now I can finallye read some books!. So try that and let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the key is to deauthorize on the pc before deleting the program -

eventually I installed ADE 4.0 and now it works! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2014 Nov 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you GurvA for the steps to get it working.

Macbook Air - Yosemite OSX

Uninstalled ADE 4.0 (completely uninstall - move to trash, Finder > Go and type /~Library and go to Application Support folder > Adobe Digital Editions and move to trash the dat files. Then empty Trash.

I followed as you said and it worked for the first book. The second book, ADE crashed on me when I tried to open once downloaded. So I navigated to File > Add to library and found the ascm file in my downloads (am on a MAC) and added to the library. This worked and was able to add the 2nd book to my kobo (kobo Aura)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the above does not work (it did not work for me):

Delete the "My Digital Editions" folder from Downloads

Deauthorize your Kobo

Deauthorize your computer (Ctl-Shift-D)

Uninstall ADE 4.0

Reboot computer

Install V2.0

Reauthorize Computer and Kobo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines