• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot authorize my Adobe Digital Editions on my Apple Mojave

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ADE 4.5.  I have tried a variety of .acsm files downloaded from the Brooklyn library.  when I double click the ,acsm, ADE asks for authorization, I enter my password, which is good, and I get the error code: E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY.  I spooke with an Adobe technician who told me to post this message on the community board.  I would appreciate a response.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i add my Adobe password to Apple's keychain access on my iMac, so I can authorize my computer for Digital Editions?  It does not do this when I open ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  ADE now creates an .epub book in its library.  But when I try to open the book on my iMac or iPhone, I get a message saying this book can't be opened.  It is corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Erased the .dat file. Still receiving error. [Mac OS X ver 4.5.11.187245] Any further ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nanaky

I have authorized ADE on my apple and would like to authorize my PC with Windows 7.0.  However, when trying to authorize, I get activation server error and a long line 0f code, beginning with E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED.  It is ADE 4.5.  Erase authorization is greyed out.

Thank you for any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions on the Adobe support area and found the problem was that my date time was not set correctly.  Problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines