Highlighted

I figured out the .acsm problem!

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows Vista Home Edition.  I just downloaded Digital Editions, and was going through the "Free Sample Books" on this website, when I ran into this problem of not being able to load the files that were .acsm.  I have spent the past several hours browsing through all of these threads and did not find a single solution to this.  I don't know what made me look, (I had downloaded two of the files to my desktop, one of them I renamed, and the other I did not-left it "URLLink.acsm"), but I right clicked the file and looked at the Properties.  Sure enough, at the bottom of the General tab it indicated that the file was being blocked.  I unblocked it, double-clicked it, and it loaded into Digital Editions!!!!  Whoo-hoo!  BUT---you CANNOT rename the file!  I tried it with the one I renamed and it did not work.  I re-downloaded it, unblocked it, and it loaded!  You just have to do them one at a time.  Once it loads, it puts the file in the My Digital Editions folder under your username, so you can then delete the "URLLink.acsm" file.  I HOPE THIS HELPS!! 

Oh-Digital Editions opens when you try to download the file.  You need to close it before you try to open your unblocked file!

Topics

ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I figured out the .acsm problem!

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows Vista Home Edition.  I just downloaded Digital Editions, and was going through the "Free Sample Books" on this website, when I ran into this problem of not being able to load the files that were .acsm.  I have spent the past several hours browsing through all of these threads and did not find a single solution to this.  I don't know what made me look, (I had downloaded two of the files to my desktop, one of them I renamed, and the other I did not-left it "URLLink.acsm"), but I right clicked the file and looked at the Properties.  Sure enough, at the bottom of the General tab it indicated that the file was being blocked.  I unblocked it, double-clicked it, and it loaded into Digital Editions!!!!  Whoo-hoo!  BUT---you CANNOT rename the file!  I tried it with the one I renamed and it did not work.  I re-downloaded it, unblocked it, and it loaded!  You just have to do them one at a time.  Once it loads, it puts the file in the My Digital Editions folder under your username, so you can then delete the "URLLink.acsm" file.  I HOPE THIS HELPS!! 

Oh-Digital Editions opens when you try to download the file.  You need to close it before you try to open your unblocked file!

Topics

ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 09, 2009 0
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for posting this! I've been trying to figure out my .acsm issue for about an hour now

and nothing was working. Then I found this and it worked perfectly. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, so anybody else reading this, it's not just a Vista issue. Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2010 0
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info

it helped a lot

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2010 0
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have the wrong email =] sorry.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2010 0
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox 3.6.X failed for me, but IE 8 went smoothly.

Was I encountering a Firefox bug or incompatibility?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2010 0
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to Convert ACSM to ePub Free?

how do you convert acsm to epubWhen  you purchase an ePub book from a website, you will get an ”.acsm” file.  This file should be opened with Adobe Digital Editions, which will then  download the actual ".epub" e-book. The e-book file will be stored in  the folder "My Digital Editions".

So the saying of "how to convert ACSM to ePub" is not right.  Because ACSM is not an eBook format, you don't need to "convert" it to  any eBook format. Just open the ACSM file with Adobe Digital Editions,  ADE will download the real ePub book to My Digital Editions.

More about ACSM file extension... http://www.ipubsoft.com/epub-converters/convert-acsm-to-epub.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2011 0
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to Convert ACSM to ePub Free?

how do you convert acsm to epubWhen  you purchase an ePub book from a website, you will get an ”.acsm” file.  This file should be opened with Adobe Digital Editions, which will then  download the actual ".epub" e-book. The e-book file will be stored in  the folder "My Digital Editions".

So the saying of "how to convert ACSM to ePub" is not right.  Because ACSM is not an eBook format, you don't need to "convert" it to  any eBook format. Just open the ACSM file with Adobe Digital Editions,  ADE will download the real ePub book to My Digital Editions.

More about ACSM file extension...

http://www.ipubsoft.com/epub-converters/convert-acsm-to-epub.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2011 0