• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I’m having trouble re-authorizing Adobe Digital Editions and now am unable to go back in to use it

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Adobe Digital Editions in its earlier form, so I could read books during my thesis writing and obtaining my Master's degree.  I took a three-year break and am now wanting to use ADE again during my PhD work.  So, as I was checking out e-books from the university library, I had no trouble downloading them into my earlier version of ADE. I was then encouraged to update to 4.5.2, which I did with no issues, and was still reading my PhD library resources.  Until I tried to add another newly borrrowed university library book to the ADE library today, and it kept telling me there was an error, remaining unopenable. I started to look into the issue through the ADE help forum within the Adobe website and since I kept getting this error message, I was encouraged de-authorize my ADE and then re-authorize it, which I did and after multiple attempts, even deleting the application and re-downloading it, trying to change my password to no avail (can't even do that without a lot of trouble and being circled back around to the same web pages), and many hours wasted, I still cannot go into ADE.  I now have no access to my books for school, and have resorted to Kindle and PDFs.  Please advise as to how I can get ADE back to functioning normally again. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get which error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It asks me to authorize my computer and I type in Adobe ID and password, then it asks for “Digital Editions 4.5 wants to use your confidential information stored in “Digital Editions” in your keychain - to which I have to “allow this, Enter the ‘login’ keychain password, about which I have no idea what that is - and if I try to go into the keychain for adobe I cannot find any evidence of a login keychain password. I’ve never created a password for this -then if I click Deny because I don’t know the password I get the message window in ADE that says “an error has been detected ! Activation server error - code E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY digital editions encounter an error on the activation server 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this even if it stops asking me for the login keychain it will go right to the window that says activation server error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Then you should contact the apple Support for help with the unlock the keyoptions of the user. To authoirze you device need his user access to the key option of apple. If have you no access you can not authoirze the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines