Highlighted

Is Adobe doing anything right at all?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Adobe digital editions ebook reader and I am just lost for words on how terrible it is. I am taking a certification course for Pro Tools and for some reason Avid had the idea to support this application.

#1. Absolutely no navigation through my ebook works in it's entirety. If I use the directional pads on my laptop it works fine going forward though single pages but when I use the left arrow key it to go back to the previous page it jumps to a random page at least 20 pages back and eventually the directional pads stop working and I get the error sound. This problem also occurs when using the track pad or the scroll wheel on a mouse.

#2 So then I try to use the navigation panel to go to specific points in a chapter and the results are; it will either jump to the only first page in the chapter or the to the page just before the lesson with in the chapter that I select.

#3 When annotating the text it occasionally places the text box no where near the selected word I chose.

It's almost an unusable program. I have to quit the application every few pages or so in order to progress through my certification course. Not to mention I tried to go into my account just to make this post and I got a notification saying I needed to verify my email address. Which I had already done the day I made my account. This shows me that not only is Adobe not capable of making a reliable application but that they can't even get their own online accounts straight for their patrons. I have attached a screen shot of the confirmation email that clearly states I verified my email.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 7.33.13 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is Adobe doing anything right at all?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Adobe digital editions ebook reader and I am just lost for words on how terrible it is. I am taking a certification course for Pro Tools and for some reason Avid had the idea to support this application.

#1. Absolutely no navigation through my ebook works in it's entirety. If I use the directional pads on my laptop it works fine going forward though single pages but when I use the left arrow key it to go back to the previous page it jumps to a random page at least 20 pages back and eventually the directional pads stop working and I get the error sound. This problem also occurs when using the track pad or the scroll wheel on a mouse.

#2 So then I try to use the navigation panel to go to specific points in a chapter and the results are; it will either jump to the only first page in the chapter or the to the page just before the lesson with in the chapter that I select.

#3 When annotating the text it occasionally places the text box no where near the selected word I chose.

It's almost an unusable program. I have to quit the application every few pages or so in order to progress through my certification course. Not to mention I tried to go into my account just to make this post and I got a notification saying I needed to verify my email address. Which I had already done the day I made my account. This shows me that not only is Adobe not capable of making a reliable application but that they can't even get their own online accounts straight for their patrons. I have attached a screen shot of the confirmation email that clearly states I verified my email.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 7.33.13 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 14, 2018 0

Have something to add?