• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to authorize a computer to read an e-book without Adobe Digital Editions?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I install Adobe Digital Editions in a device, that device is authorized to open an e-book, but my question is if there is a way to be able to authorize a device in which Adobe Digital Editions doesn't work, maybe from another device which has Adobe Digital Editions...

I'm talking about a computer with Ubuntu as operative system. Apparently, the computer doesn't get along with Adobe Digital Editions because even the fact that I was able to install it through Wine (a Windows program installer for Ubuntu), Adobe Digital Editions does nothing when I click on my acsm files to get them into readable epubs.

So, I wonder if a device can be authorized to read a DRM protected epub if that device doesn't have Adobe Digital Editions installed. As I say, it would be desirable that one could authorize the device otherwise, from another device which does have Adobe Digital Editions.

Thank you.

TOPICS
ACSM files , Activation , ADE authorization , Download , DRM , Install ADE , Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?