Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with activation/authorization

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

When I try to open a .acsm file, Digital Editions says "error, check activation", but it is not possible to cancel the authorization to do a new one, because it says "not possible to cancel the activation, try later".

Try later is a fake of couse, because i tried several times without success.

It is unuseful to unistall the application because it remembers the authorization and again the errors are the same.

There were problems opening another .acsm from another (bad) source weeks ago, and the related IT support suggested some very bad actions that ruined the functioning of the application; it worked before that.

Please save me.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, and when I try to follow various solutions here they don't work either. Also now I can't open any old -epub-file. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution outside the community. Here's the procedure.

Close all the applications

Press Windows + R

Write "regedit"

Find this folder in the menu on the left: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Cancel this folder - only the one called "adept" with all the files in it

Confirm and close.

Now Digital Editions can be authorized again.

Dont' know about the epubs you had before, I don't see my older epubs anymore after this procedure, but the application now works correctly and maybe you can find the older epubs in the download folder or you can download them again.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines