Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with acsm fulfillment in iOS 13 update

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue

In the recent  iOS 13 update released on September 19, 2019, the acsm fulfilment in Adobe Digital Editions do not work as expected. 

In iOS 12.x and earlier versions, after downloading the acsm file in Safari browser, it automatically asked to open in “Digital Editions” or More->Copy to Digital Editions.

ade1.png

In iOS 13, it displays the download pop-up in Safari browser. When you click Download, nothing happens.

ade2.png

Work-around

Use the Chrome browser to download the acsm file. You can then download the file and launch the file, as expected.

TOPICS
ACSM files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do nat I get the following anser: " Unable to download. Communication problem. E Lic already fulfilled by another  user."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do you use this app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually something does happen when one clicks Download. The file ends up in the Downloads folder that can be accessed in the new Files app in iOS 13. When then attempting to copy the acsm file to Digital Additions from within the Files app there is no option in the menu to do this. The needed option that you have red boxed in the image in your original post is missing. 

Don't know if this is an Apple or an Adobe problem but it needs to be fixed so that acsm fulfillment can proceed as before. 

Thanks for your original post. Hopefully someone at Apple or Adobe can get this fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same experience with an ebook I checked out from my local public library, and found this solution: install the Overdrive app from the App Store. Find the downloaded acsm file in the Files app and long-press on it until the pop-up menu appears, then press "Share." When the destination icons appear, swipe left on the bottom row so you see the "More" button. Press that, find the option "Copy to Overdrive," and press that. The book will open in the Overdrive app, which has become my favorite e-reader since ADE went weird on me.

The books you're working with may or may not open in Overdrive, though, depending on the rights and permissions and such. I don't know much about those issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest update of the ADE app for iOS (4.5.11) resolves this issue.

When downloading the acsm file, it ends up in the Downloads folder that can be accessed in the new Files app in iOS 13. One can then copy the acsm file to Digital Additions from within the Files app, as the needed option is now in the menu to do this. (The needed option is the one red boxed in the image in your original post.) No further need to resort to the workaround. 

Many thanks to the ADE iOS app team for fixing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe may have fixed this particular problem, but that doesn't change the reality that ADE has an average 1-star rating on the iOS App Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just installed 4.5.11 version of ADE on iPad with latest iOS and I am having the same problem as op working with Safari.

Chrome work-around mentioned worked for me and could open file in ADE. (Thanks for tip!)

Looking to open file from Files app, there is no option to open with or copy to ADE (also tried to add ADE to list via the 'more' button,  but ADE does not appear there as an option either)

Anyone have solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines