Highlighted

Kobo Aura eReader gives not authorized message

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using MacOS 10.15.5 and Kobo Aura eReader.

Can't open ebooks from library using ADE.  Kobo help said to delete the book, connect eReader, open ADE, remove eReader authorization - did all this.

Next step says to remove computer authorization - can't do this because I have updated my old email address and set new password with Adobe, but ADE still shows only the old email address and won't allow me to remove authorization because I don't remember the old password.  I get absolutely zero help from Adobe chat.  Hoping you can help me. 

PS:  Adobe chat suggested a new authorization without removing the old one but they didn't tell me how to do that and I can't get it to work.  

Tried something suggested in one of these postings and that didn't work either.
What gives with ADE?  Why doesn't it work anymore?  Not a great advertizement for Adobe products.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Kobo Aura eReader gives not authorized message

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using MacOS 10.15.5 and Kobo Aura eReader.

Can't open ebooks from library using ADE.  Kobo help said to delete the book, connect eReader, open ADE, remove eReader authorization - did all this.

Next step says to remove computer authorization - can't do this because I have updated my old email address and set new password with Adobe, but ADE still shows only the old email address and won't allow me to remove authorization because I don't remember the old password.  I get absolutely zero help from Adobe chat.  Hoping you can help me. 

PS:  Adobe chat suggested a new authorization without removing the old one but they didn't tell me how to do that and I can't get it to work.  

Tried something suggested in one of these postings and that didn't work either.
What gives with ADE?  Why doesn't it work anymore?  Not a great advertizement for Adobe products.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue since I upgraded my Mac to Catalina - My Kobo is no longer authorized and can't figure out how to do that - keep getting told to go to "devices" in ADE but can't find that anywhere.  Kobo lags behind upgrades to ADE I think.  I have reinstalled ADE several times and done a factory reset on my Kobo.  Getting frustrated as the library books I want to read are on my desktop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0