• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kobo compatibility issues with new Catalina OS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was unable to open an ADE book that was down loaded to MacBook from Library and transferred to Kobo.  Said not authorized and couldn't open book!  So I unauthorized my kobo thinking I could try signing in again but no option to do so then downloaded 4.5 ADE but still cannot re authorize my kobo After calling both Adobe and call Kobo help desk they had me trash 4.5 but then 3.0 was not accessible and  told me there is a compatiblity issue   with Catalina OS  help!!

TOPICS
ADE authorization , Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this approach will work for others, but I'm posting just in case it does. I'm on Mac Catalina, using Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 to manage library books on my ancient Kobo Aura. Out of the blue, I began getting the "you aren't authorized" message.

I tried all the device authorizing/reauthorizing/ADE uninstall/ADE reinstall suggestions and nothing worked UNTIL I tried deleting some of my old e-book files (stored in Documents/Digital Editions). Next I renamed the Digital Editions folder, and as suggested by another Kobo user, went to the library site and downloaded a random book I'd never downloaded before. That book opened perfectly on my Kobo, as did all the books that previously hadn't opened because of the authorization glitch.

This approach makes no logical sense to me, but it did work in my case. Hopefully it will work for others.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this update.  I did renamed the Digital Editions folder and erased all books in my Kobo.

Then I transfer a new book for my local library and it works like a charm.

Many many thanks to this fix.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried many times to deauthorize/authorise, uninstall/reinstall the ADE 4.5, but finally what worked for me was deleting the user guide that was automatically installed on my Kobo and then downloading a new library ebook and moving it into my Kobo. Maybe this was not related but it worked for me🧩🧩🧩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines