• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kobo e-reader telling me that I need to re-import my ebook due to me de-authorizing my Kobo

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My kobo aura is giving me this message whenever I install a e-book from public library using adobe digital editons:

This book is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM). Because you previously deauthorized your eReader, you need to re-import the book using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). Please visit kobo.com/help for more information.

I had tried reimporting the ebook, go to the Kobo website, deauthorize both the computer and ereader, factory data reset my Kobo and redownloading the Adobe digital editions but none of them helps my problem.

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I have de-authorized, re-authorized but continue to receive the same message after re-importing the book(s) using ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having same issue.  So frustrating.  Has anyone resolved this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys is anyone looking at this?

I have the same issue.

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, but was able to solve it using a response from etherworkon this thread:

Digital Editions to kobo

The key to this is to download a completely NEW book. I tried without downloading a NEW book and it didn't work until I did this with a NEW book.

Good luck!

Please note that you don't have to downgrade to get kobo to work again. Maureen outlined how to fix it here:

Re: Not able to open library books on my Kobo Glo: "Oops! This document couldn't be opened"

With the following list, I am paraphrasing Maureen's excellent advice that finally released me from my anguish:

1. Delete the problem book(s) from your ereader.
  2. Open Adobe Digital Editions on the computer. Check to see if you can read the problem book(s) in ADE. Connect your e-reader.  Erase authorization on ADE (Go to the Help Menu at the top). Erase the authorization for the ereader (go to the side menu of ADE). Keep the e-reader connected to the computer.
  3. Go to your public library website and get a NEW book. Upload the new book to ADE. Adobe will then PROMPT YOU for the authorization. If it doesn't, go back to "help" at the top and reauthorize ADE. Go to the side menu of ADE to re-authorize your ereader.
  4. Drag the new book into your e-reader. Select "ereader" (ie: NOT all items, or borrowed items, or...). Try opening the book in the ereader area. If it opens there, it's likely that it will open in your e-reader.
  5. Re-upload what were the problem book(s) to your e-reader. Again, select "ereader" in ADE and check that the book(s) can be read there.
  6. Disconnect your e-reader from the computer. Be able to read your book(s) at last!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me the first time I had the issue, but sadly not the 2nd time, because, yes, the problem came back. However what worked for me is to uninstall ADE version 4 and install version 3 instead.

You can download version 3 here

https://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html

(You might need to scroll down)

Hope this help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much - this worked for me on my Kobo Clara. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got mine to work! What fixed mine was a mix of both @cronotokyo and @shannon2355127. What I did:

1) Delete/Remove your book file from e-reader and ADE.

2) Uninstall your version ADE v4 and install v3 (link here Adobe Digital Editions downloads )

2) Open version 3.

3) Your authorization will carry over into version 3.

Deauthorize your computer from ADE v3.

Press Control-Shift-D (Windows) or Shift-Command-D (Mac OS) to deauthorize.

4) Deauthorize e-reader in ADE v3

5) (re) Authorize your computer in ADE v3.

6) (re) Authorize your e-reader in ADE v3

GET THE BOOK

7) Go back to your library website and download the book file again.

8) Add your book to ADE v3. Go to ADE > File > Add to Library. Add your book to your ADE library.

9) Copy book from ADE to e-reader. Right click > copy to device.

> Check that you can read open the book in while in ADE > your e-reader

Hope this works for someone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MAC has been upscaled to OS Catalina 10.15.4. Upon downloading and trying to install ADE v3.0, I get the message that v3.0 won't work with my "current operating system. Contact the software developer for updated information." If you've been around a while you'll know it will be a cold day in Moscow before ADOBE updates ADE in any significant way or begins to magically support it! Screwed at this time, I believe. 

I can see my book on the MAC, in ADE and on the KOBO ereader, but disconnect the USB and allow the KOBO to finish loading it in "My Books?" It turns the cover to black and talks about this deauthorization message. KOBO chat couldn't solve it and, so far, neither can Adobe Chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Same here... its been the same since May 2...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any chance this has been resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😞 did anyone solved this issue? I have troubles with Adobe v3 and this v4 is causing so much troubles...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What @shannons23551127 said really worked for me.

The key in my opinion was to:

1) remove the book from the kobo and from ADE

2) connect the kobo to the computer and in ADE & deauthorize the kobo (in the left menu)

3) disconnect the kobo

4) in ADE, deauthorize the computer, too (from the menu on the top) and close ADE

5) go to the .acsm file and open it with ADE, sign in with the credentials when prompted

6) IMPORTANT! connect the kobo and in ADE, authorize it! (from the menu on the left, click on the gear icon)

7) copy the file to the kobo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. It it interesting to see that after 4 years this problem still persist. We are lucky that the solution still works, at least on Windows.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!  What a relief. Now I can take out books from the local library and read them on my creaky old Kobo Glo HD. This is a big deal! Thanks a million to... 

@r57682970 @Cronotokyo and @shannon2355127

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2023 and I hit this constantly still. If one has many books borrowed all them needs to be re-borrwed causing most them to be avaibale next time after several months. Well, that is nice and fast resolution.

Re-authorizing, re-borrowing, re-downloading and re-loading to eReader is not acceptable resolution. This just moves people away from DRM.

Please seriously. Fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines