• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library e-books will not download to Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years I have downloaded library e-books (epub format) to Adobe Digital Editions and then moved them to my Nook.  Early in December 2016, they would not download to ADE and I get the message "unable to download.  License Server Communications Problem: E_STREAM_ERROR".  My daughter lives in another town and is having the same problem trying to borrow e-books from her library.  How do we fix this?  Our libraries just want to say it is a problem with our computers and/or Nooks!

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add the .ascm file I get error.check activation.

I read a solution to reactivate authorization by erasing and the activating again to reset... but it isn't working for me.

I tried to deactivate the computer by erasing authorization.  so I can get a fresh activation by authorizing the computer again.

I used the password I use to sign into the adobe editions website.

but get message Unable to erase activation.. please try after some time.

I have overdrive app.  but it is not as good as digital edition..  so I'm limited to reading on a cell phone screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on the same problem for over two weeks.  I have worked with two library districts. With one of the librarian;s sat with me and tried going through the chat for over 2 hours that day and I spent .5 hours today, but in the end they-3 different people on Adobe chat-sent me here saying it would be taken care of. I have updated my version to the latest, but the glitch seems to be that the email even in the new version is an old one that I have not had access to for years.  I asked for the 2 of the people in the chats to change it or fix it, they would send me to the forums.  I am getting very frustrated as this is my only way to download books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I could not download an ebook from the Library to Digital Editions, I was told by a library person that there is problems with older versions of ADE and that I needed to un-install and re-install, I did this managed to get through and Authorize my Computer (Desk top PC) only to find that I still can not open a library book in ADE, with a technical person within the library who looks after the audio and e section, when going through stuff to do with ADE we discovered that we have a problem with the ACSM file it is not connected with ADE I asked the Adobe technical chat line who are getting paid for sitting there NOT answering questions and telling me I need to speak with an expert in the forum, to which I have only found this page so far .... so not much help there but I defiantly need help to get to be able to read my books again on my desk top PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will help your particular issue, but after many years, I, too, couldn't get ADE to download my library books.  I have Windows 7 (64-bit). 

What I tried deauthorizing/reauthorizing ADE on my computer, uninstalling ADE 4.5.2/reinstalling ADE 4.5.3, uninstalling 4.5.3/reinstalling 3.0, uninstalling 3.0/reinstalling 4.0 (Installation issues for Adobe Digital Editions 4.0).   I made sure that acsm and epub files were associated with ADE.

I finally read on one post (My digital editions has stopped working ) that once ADE crashes, it tries to reopen in its previous state and crashes again.  I did as that poster suggested: I copied my ADE folder to another location in My Documents, then deleted the original folder.  When I tried to reopen ADE and download a book--it finally worked and I was able to download my library book!!  While reloading the books from my backup file individually hasn't worked, I have been able to download additional books from a second library into ADE with no problem so far (fingers crossed that that continues).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this worked for me thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why will library books not download to my mac? Message comes up saying format is not responding or the books will simply stop during the download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines