Highlighted

Library ebook doesn't open in Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.7

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My library requires me to use your Adobe Digital Editions to read digital books. However, I am now left with the choice of either not using their service or dealing with an insecure computer, because your current updated (version 4.5.7) does NOT work with the books I've borrowed. According to my library, they can't do anything about it and have to wait for you to fix the problem. Please do so asap!

Before downloading books, everything works fine. However, as soon as I download books to be opened in Digital Editions 4.5.7, the programme freezes. All buttons stop working and I can only close the programme via task manager. Nothing else works. This is extremely annoying! Apparently, I'm also not the only person with this problem and people wishing to read epapers have the same problem too.

Oh, and while I'm at it: could you please provide at least a link to the old digital editions version so I can go back should I decide the content is more important than security?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Library ebook doesn't open in Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.7

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My library requires me to use your Adobe Digital Editions to read digital books. However, I am now left with the choice of either not using their service or dealing with an insecure computer, because your current updated (version 4.5.7) does NOT work with the books I've borrowed. According to my library, they can't do anything about it and have to wait for you to fix the problem. Please do so asap!

Before downloading books, everything works fine. However, as soon as I download books to be opened in Digital Editions 4.5.7, the programme freezes. All buttons stop working and I can only close the programme via task manager. Nothing else works. This is extremely annoying! Apparently, I'm also not the only person with this problem and people wishing to read epapers have the same problem too.

Oh, and while I'm at it: could you please provide at least a link to the old digital editions version so I can go back should I decide the content is more important than security?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 27, 2017 0

Have something to add?