• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensing Adobe DE on a reinstall

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Digital Editions in my classroom for several years. I have relocated to Vietnam, new workplace, and cannot seem to bring ADE with me to a new Macbook computer.

I've even deleted the old program, and let all the existing resources there go to try to get a platform that works in my new place.

I've used a few browsers.. but the same error message result is this error message. No idea how to fix it! The login to Adobe

>>Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

What does this mean? How can I fix it?

The login to Adobe ID has grabbed an additional detail, which is no longer my ID.. but I cant get to it to delete that detail. Round in circles.

Can anyone please advise how to get this otherwise very good program going for me??

Thanks, Debbie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Press WINDOWS + R.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Remove the Adept Folder.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Nanaky for this info. I cannot find how to get tp the Users\Library.... area. can you offer a few more back directories? I have a Macbook Pro, and Sierra 10.12.6.

Should I go to Applications? System Preference? Not sure.

Thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines