Exit

link Adobe IDs or reset account with old email address

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to either:

a) link two Adobe IDs together or

b) reset the password on an old Adobe ID even though I no longer have access to that email account?

I tried Chat and they suggested asking here about the password reset.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A) Not that I'm aware of.

B) For what purpose do you want to change the password, you forgot it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I forgot the password and I no longer have access to the email address to reset it using the 'forgot my password' link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is tied to that email address? Did you buy a subscription to Creative Cloud with it?

If all that is tied to it is some older Adobe program that used serial numbers to activate and you now what to subscribe to creative cloud just create a new Adobe ID.

I personally have several old Adobe IDs that I have no idea what the passwords are. That didn't stop me from subscribing to the Photographer plan and posting on this forum. I just created a new ID that is tied to a Gmail Account that hopefully will never change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several books associated with that ID in Adobe Digital Editions. 

I upgraded the version I was using today and have run into the issue where I need to de-authorize/re-authorize it but I really don't want to lose access to those books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I can't help you but I will ask in a closed forum for you to get assistance from a Staff member.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - thank you, I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi luv2craft

have you get an answer to your issue ? I also want to move the authorization to a new email address and i lost the password of the old one.

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing as of yet. I'm still hopeful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm so sorry for the late reply here.

Do you both still need assistance? You can private message me your old Adobe ID (email) and I can help reset. To private message me, click on my picture at left > the Message button on my profile.

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Digital Edition on my work computer and downloaded 17 items for research purposes and now I'm trying to get to that use ID on my home computer, but I have one already on my home computer with another ID. I need the access to the second ID and I can't find how to sign out or sign another one in. Can you help me too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Twilajune,

You can contact our support team directly to get your authorizations reset: E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS error in Adobe Digital Editions

Thanks!

-Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help, please! ADE is telling me to check authorization. Any library book that I move into ADE is gibberish. I do not use/have access to the gmail account that I used to set up my ID. Also, i do not remember the password. I have a newish Adobe ID using a current email address, but ADE insists that my computer is only authorized for use by the old email. I just want to read!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gmail accounts are never deleted. Once setup they last forever. So you can still access it. Even if you don't remember the password you can contact Goggle and have it reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have also lost access to my old adobe id. And I do not remember password for it. Also, I do not currently have access to the gmail account associated with that Adobe Id. Can you please help me reset the password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines