• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linux edition needed or at least online method

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old Mac that is now out of life and recently switched the OS to Ubuntu Mate.

From a lot of Google search as well as forum search here, it appears that ADE is not available for Linux. 

I understand the business case for this however present information available to all suggests that world wide Linux has a greater share than Mac.  If there isn't going to be a Linux ADE, is there a method to do the same online?

As per many posts, downloading a library book (where I paid a fee to join and assume many others do as well) I want to read on my ebook should not be held up by the commitment to Adobe Digital Editions.  My opinion only.

If you were to create an online version of this (and if you do, I certainly could not find it), I for one would pay a small fee to purchase the service.

I look forward to the reply and the input from the community.

Thank you.

PS.  I understand about Wine...it is not my preference to use that as a non techie.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different forum, but Cloud on Linux asked for 8-29-2012 and has not happened in over 6 years https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1057800

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the quick reply John.

Interesting...I just received an email that my post has been rejected by moderators.

Why?  Is this not a community forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines