• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

List of authorized devices / Deauthorized devices

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reached the maximum of authorized devices but most of them are no longer available (pc's or eareders on the trash).

I know I can deauthorized a device when conected but...how can I do that without conect that device? Can I get a list of authorized devices and do it from there?

If that's not possible, I would deauthorized all actual devices -I mean to reset all authorizations (so later I can authorized again the pc and ereader I follow nowadays).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

chat 1.jpgchat 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Id you follow  the instructions of the Consumer Care link you end up here -so, no way.

The other link you provide is not for Digital Editions, but for Creative Cloud (different product)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chat 1.jpgchat 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the correct answer to the question about authorized/deauthorize device.  I am having the same issue and contacted them via chat.  Their response was "this is not something that can be done during chat, you need to go to Forum".  I advised them that I had already been to the Forum which told me to go to the website, no dice.  Just getting the run around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kimbrum  wrote

Their response was "this is not something that can be done during chat, you need to go to Forum".

That is not correct.  We can't fix it for you on the forum.

Go to chat again and make sure to say that you need your activations reset.  If they refuse to help, ask for a supervisor.

Be sure to get a transcript of the chat.  If they are less than helpful, reply back here and I will see if I can get the attention of an Adobe staff member.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a copy of the chat sent to me.  I asked several times for a phone number or link to an actual person so that I could make further contact.  It was not acknowledged.  I was told again to go to the forum.  Where do you want me to forward the email with the copy of the chat conversation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the original problem that caused you to go to chat?

You may want to start your own thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told that I had too many devices authorized when I tried to authorize my Kobo e-reader.  At present, as far as I know, I have an Android tablet and an Acer Aspire netbook authorized.  Neither of my two e-readers are able to be authorized.  I came to the forum after trying to contact support from Adobe Digital Editions.  I was directed here from their support page.  I tried and tried to get to a chat with them to ask what devices are in their list so that it could be corrected and have the number of authorizations reset.  I asked here on the forum and was told to go to Adobe.  (I'm  Mara BTW as my husband doesn't type, just reads email and books.  He's 86 years old.  My previous comment could have been under my name.)  I finally got through on a chat with Adobe and was stone-walled, as I said in my previous post.  Forum sends me to Adobe, Adobe sends me to Forum.  Its a continuous circle with no help.  Others here are having the same problem by the looks of it.  PLEASE......do something to help me all the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gordonk531, Any luck?

'Your account has exceeded the maximum number of activations'  on Android devices:

Seems like there is an AdobeDigitalEditions 'counter' . Moving from device to device, installing the ADE sw to support a ebook reader app, or even wiping an enabled device and reinstalling ADE & reader seems to increment some 'counter'.

I see discussion of 'deauthorizing' a device but how?  If I uninstall an app on my old phone or tablet how is this communicated to the 'counter'?

That is, If you replace your tablet  & phone with just a new pair how do you make the 'counter' reflect that you only 'authorize' 2 devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I spent more than 2 hours yesterday on chat trying to get someone to help.  I was passed to about 3 different people and then was just stone-walled: contact the forum.  The forum has the expert team to do this.  You must contact the forum....over and over.  I'm thoroughly frustrated and annoyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines