Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logging in with an Enterprise ID

New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I received an email from a user who needs to use Adobe Digital Editions to access content from an EBook Library Vendor. I was wondering if Enterprise IDs can be used to sign into Adobe Digital Editions?

I am new to the software and in the small amount of testing I have done I have not seen any way to log in using our Adobe Enterprise ID, which pushes to our SSO (Single Sign ON) system.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much!

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 8.59.03 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company is having this same problem.  Is there a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem. Anyone know about a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, just bumping this as well: How do I sign into Adobe Digital Editions with an Enterprise ID—in my case, my University SSO? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump as well, just had a faculty member ask for this. there does not seem to be a way for digital editions to authenticate with our SSO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been informed by both Adobe Support and our Adobe account rep that it is not possible to use enterprise credentials and that users will need a personal adobe account.  It is extremely frustating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also got the message from Adobe that you can´t use Adobe Enterprise ID in Adobe Digital Editions or other applications used for accessing DRM protected media. It’s very annoying when you administer a great number of users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just absolutely awful in terms of experience.

Can't the Adobe Digital Editions app just... try to talk to Creative Cloud Desktop re: an ID? I can understand that it needs to be a standalone app to work more broadly, but shouldn't it also make an attempt to authorize itself using the existing installed Adobe flagship product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just so you can get a full appreciation of what this means to corporate users:

Boss: "Did you get that expensive e-book we ordered for you?"
Me: "Yes, but I can't open it."
Boss: "Why not?"
Me: "Well, it requires a free Adobe product, which we can't use because... we buy lots of expensive stuff from Adobe."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just lovely spending hundreds of dollars on textbooks only to have no access to them because ADOBE WON'T SUPPORT ENTERPRISE LOGINS ON ABE?  Seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. So frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1, still an issue in 2024. Really do not understand why an app can't sign in via SSO in this day and age, nor read the ID credentials. Incredibly frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also trying to figure this out in 2024 - ADE could definitely include an option "Adobe ID - SSO Log In" or "Adobe ID - Institution Log In" under its "eBook Vendor" options. I work for an university library and all of our vendors recommend ADE for patrons to borrow books with - it seems that they may be restricted to free 3rd party apps on mobile devices to fulfill their loans instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines