• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost bookshelves in Digital Editions

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a researcher and I love Digital Editions. My Digital Editions had 790 books and journal articles. I had about 30 bookshelves, organizing my material. Two years ago, my computer crashed and just now have it back. I thought I lost everything. Digital Editions works, all my 790 material shows up but I now have only six bookshelves with only one book each in them and it seems I lost all my notes, highlights, and bookmarks on my research material!  That is bad.

Is there any way of recovering my lost bookshelves and highlights?

What do I do to preserve my notes, bookmarks, highlights, bookshelves?

This is a pain in the ass, if I have to reshelve 790 books and journals!  What happens if my computer crashes again?

In future upgrades, can you fix this with a "reboot Digital Editions folder.exe", that saves our catalogued material?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I first used Digital Editions on an HP Quad4 Vista Ultimate laptop. Since there were a cascading amount of freezes, hacks, shutdowns, I was forced to go to higher, newer software. I went to Windows 10 which I didn't know at the time, my laptop wasn't configured for. So I went to Windows 10 but then I couldn't do anything because it was so foreign. It was mind-boggling mess. So then I went to a Vista skin over the Windows 10. Ran, like usual, my cleaner software, and laptop crashes. So now, due to poverty, I finally get it fixed and it has Windows 8.1.  Now, I go to my Digital Editions to resume my writing career---and all my previous work has disappeared down the rabbit hole. So due to Microsoft's deficiencies, I have been forced to upgrade constantly and Windows 8.1 is not going to last forever.

I see that there are no responses yet. I would like to know that if I start up again using Digital Editions, I can preserve my research. If I can not, then, I can't use your product. Why would anyone. How do I preserve my work, my highlights, my bookshelves, my bookmarks, my notes. I lost a lot of material, a lot!  I also lost productivity, and now more time to repair what I lost. How do I preserve, transport my work from one platform to another or save my work? Or like at Microsoft, they tell me to use somebody else's software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines