• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lots of Kobo problems...

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think everything that can go wrong might be...

So, downloaded a library book to my Macbook - .acsm file. When I try to import to ADE I get the E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12 message. 

From reading the forums, I try to deauthorise and re-authorise my computer. Doesn't work. I get a message saying UNABLE TO ERASE AUTHORIZATION. TRY AGAIN AFTER SOME TIME.

OK, search the forums again and find a file somewhere in the bowels of my macbook that I need to erase (activation.dat) in order to deauthorize and reauthorize. I try and find it, and when I go to users>>library>>application support>>adobe there is no folder for Adobe Digital Editions! No idea where this activation.dat file is, can't find it if I search in spotlight either.

So, then I try on a Windows computer. I'm able to get the .acsm file into ADE, and I can open and read the book in ADE. BUT when I move it into my Kobo and try and open it on the ereader I get a "Your eReader is not authorized to open this book...you need to re-import the book using Adobe Digital Editions" message. Even though ADE on the Windows laptop is authorized to my library account. When I try to deauthorize on the windows laptop, I get the same unable to erase authorisation message. I'm beginning to think that I'm cursed.

I'm kind of losing my mind over here - I thought it was supposed to be easy to get books from the library onto my eReader but joke's on me

OK, hive mind...any ideas? Anyone???

TOPICS
ACSM files , ADE authorization , Deauthorization , Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi....were you able to fix this problem because I can't find an answer and am also losing my mind?!  Thanks for any help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines