Highlighted

Mac and PC errors with client's ePub

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting strange inconsistent errors with an ePub I'm currently building for a client. In iBooks all elements work fine as intended, but when you view it in ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) that where strange problems occur. I'm running all latests versions of Adobe Indesign and ADE.

I have heard from my Adobe trainer that there are know bugs with the latest ADE/indesign updates causing these issues and that I'm not the only one experiencing problems. So, here is what I'm experiencing with the latest updates:

ADE on Mac:

•     Strange zoom state view when moving from page to page using in-built navigation buttons (see video 'ADE_Mac test')

•     Web links do not work at all

ADE on PC:

•     Error message when opening web links. Can't get back into ePub (see video 'ADE PC_test 2')

•     Split second view of hidden layer elements, overall runs at a slower speed (see video 'ADE PC_test 1')

iBooks:

•     No issues to report all work well (see video 'Mac_ibooks')

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mac and PC errors with client's ePub

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting strange inconsistent errors with an ePub I'm currently building for a client. In iBooks all elements work fine as intended, but when you view it in ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) that where strange problems occur. I'm running all latests versions of Adobe Indesign and ADE.

I have heard from my Adobe trainer that there are know bugs with the latest ADE/indesign updates causing these issues and that I'm not the only one experiencing problems. So, here is what I'm experiencing with the latest updates:

ADE on Mac:

•     Strange zoom state view when moving from page to page using in-built navigation buttons (see video 'ADE_Mac test')

•     Web links do not work at all

ADE on PC:

•     Error message when opening web links. Can't get back into ePub (see video 'ADE PC_test 2')

•     Split second view of hidden layer elements, overall runs at a slower speed (see video 'ADE PC_test 1')

iBooks:

•     No issues to report all work well (see video 'Mac_ibooks')

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 30, 2018 0

Have something to add?