Highlighted

MacBook users - Here's what works when you can't download Ebooks from your Library in UK

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are the error messages ADE gave when I tried to download ebooks from my local library in the UK.  E_ADEPT_NOT_READY” or "E_ACT_NOT_READY and there was one was about license error.
So any other folk have the same issues, please do this :
If for some reason you cannot navigate to the activation.dat file (Mac OS X 10.7 and later), please try the following:

1. Go to the Finder menu.
2. Hold down the Option (Alt) key and select Go in the Finder menu bar. This reveals the hidden user Library below the current user's home directory.
3. Select Library.

4. Go to Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and delete the file named “activation.dat”

Once this activation.dat file went into Trash, I downloaded an ebook from BorrowBox, into ADE, and then to my KOBO. Thanks to Carla who helped with all this at Brighton Digital Support. 

I had gone all round the houses looking for support, and it was in the end, this simple thing. Happy reading and stay well all.

TOPICS
Activation, Download, Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

MacBook users - Here's what works when you can't download Ebooks from your Library in UK

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are the error messages ADE gave when I tried to download ebooks from my local library in the UK.  E_ADEPT_NOT_READY” or "E_ACT_NOT_READY and there was one was about license error.
So any other folk have the same issues, please do this :
If for some reason you cannot navigate to the activation.dat file (Mac OS X 10.7 and later), please try the following:

1. Go to the Finder menu.
2. Hold down the Option (Alt) key and select Go in the Finder menu bar. This reveals the hidden user Library below the current user's home directory.
3. Select Library.

4. Go to Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and delete the file named “activation.dat”

Once this activation.dat file went into Trash, I downloaded an ebook from BorrowBox, into ADE, and then to my KOBO. Thanks to Carla who helped with all this at Brighton Digital Support. 

I had gone all round the houses looking for support, and it was in the end, this simple thing. Happy reading and stay well all.

TOPICS
Activation, Download, Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2020 0

Have something to add?