• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

macOS Catalina and Digital Editions 2.0

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Nook Glowlight and it needs Digital Editions 3.0 to move ebooks to the nook.  I installed macOS Catilina today and DE 3.0 will not open.  The message says it needs to be upgraded to 64-bit. Is there a 64-bit version of DE 3.0?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  When upgrading to Catalina, the update software alerted me that Digital Editions 3.0 would not run on Catalina, so for now I am not upgrading.  It seems odd that so many people are tethered to an old edition of this software to use e-readers.  

Should I just give up and buy a kindle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Digital Editions 4.5? I can open it in Catalina, but it I still cannot transfer a EPUB to my Nook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no.  I am just not upgrading to Catalina until I know what's up with this.  I'd rather have free library books than a new operating system.  If the problem persists, I'll start syncing the nook with an older mac I have at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ADE 3.0 is unfortunatly not usable anymore since the release of Catalina 10.15 and any further versions. Except ADE 4.5, every version of the said program are 32 bits applications, wich are no more supported. ADE 4.5 however runs on 64 bits and therefore is still suported. Nonetheless, this version, remains affected by the difficulty to open epub3. 

As for now, the only options I see in order to downgrade to ADE 3.0 is to downgrade to a previous IOS version (probably Mojave 10.14). You can also use a virtual box to emulate a previous version of ADE, or part your disk and install Windows, wich would probably be able to run ADE 3.0. 

Good luck.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All very frustrating. I have an Kobo Aura One and Mac. Had previously had to downgrade to ADE 3.0 because of 'authorization' problems. And then recently upgraded to Catalina, and indeed, it doesn't work any longer.  So now what? Downgrade Catalina to be able to keep using an old version of ADE? Sounds pretty pathetic. Just spent several hours with someone from Kobo trying to solve the problem or find a work around, but it's clearly an issue with ADE...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, still no resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I tried contacting Barnes & Noble and all they could tell me was to try using a device that hasn't upgraded to Catalina so I can still use ADE 3.0, which I don't have access to on a regular basis. It's ridiculous that one must use an old and outdated version of the app in order to use it for its main purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines