• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Books in Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden all my books in Adobe Digital Editions are marked "MISSING". How do I access it again?

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This usually means that the location Digital Editions has listed for the eBook no longer exists. The Digital Editions Library is just a link to the eBook initially downloaded on your device. Almost always:

1. The file name changed.

2. The directory changed - the file was moved from the folder or the folder name was changed.

The default folder is My Digital Editions, usually in the Documents folder in Windows. It's possible your files are still there if you didn't move them. If you deleted this folder by accident, I hope it's in the Recycle Bin! Failing this, you will need to download your eBook again from the source vendor/store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question; but neither of your suggestions applies in my case. I always add .acsm files to my Library using ADE and before long at least 30% go "missing" and have to be re-added. I never touch the folder path of "My Digital Editions".

Windows 10: I think you should please look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was busy reading a book when it disappeared. I can't remember where I downloaded it from. Now 3 more books have disappeared. This is really not funny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. All the EPUB files on my computer are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Books keep missing. And I have not moved any files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines