Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing ebook

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all Users of Adobe Digital Editions,

I have recently moved my ADE Library from one computer (OS:Vista) to another (OS: Windows 7).  I transferred my library across to the Windows 7 computer and successfully registered it with Adobe AIR and the Adobe Digital Editions.  I can open the free content and one book I purchased.  However I am unable to open another purchased book (this cost me about $200 to purchase).  The library window shows the front cover but I cannot open it and is has "Missing"across the front cover.    Has anyone had this sort of problem and been able to solve it.

I am very disappointed that there is no way to access help from Adobe unless I call them on an International number at Pacific Time.  I cannot see any facility to send an email question to them.  Any solutions for this?

cheers,

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just encountered a similar problem on my Mac. I bought an ebook which came with ADE. I was able to read it, no problem. Then I upgraded the Mac (after backing up everything) from OSX 10.5.8 to OSX 10.6.8; and now ADE cannot see the ebook, though it is where it should be! Evidently the link has been broken by the upgrade, but how can I repair it?

This is my first venture into the world of ebooks - and I am not impressed!

JMK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it says missing, then ADE can't find the file.  You should bring up the info dialog (select it and press ctrl+i) to see where it thinks the file is, and try to look for it there on the old computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd better explain that with me there's no 'old computer', it's the same one with an upgraded OS. Also, I knew exactly where the file was, though ADE didn't! I had a look round various possible sources of advice on the web; some suggested that I rerun the .acsm file used to install the ebook, but it was not in the ADE directory. I did come across a new version of ADE itself (2.0) so I installed that; and while it was downloading I noticed that the .acsm file I needed was still in the 'downloads' folder. So when ADE was installed, I reran the .acsm file, and a second copy of the ebook appeared in ADE and I could read it! I deleted the 'missing' ebook and all was well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This remains the valid answer, and you should get credit for it. Selecting and using Command-I (Mac) gives you all the information you need to search "All My Files" for a fair-sized chunk of the relocated file-name(s). In Mac OS, you then drag and drop it/them onto the open ADE page. They will then show up as new books, and you can delete the ones that showed as missing.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines